Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sbicca -Lucky, Leopard

Ciao a tutti!

Good things are happening, but the time to share is not quite at hand...in the meantime, I shall leave you with these pensive, profound and preposterously funny quotes and thoughts about shoes!

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.”
Jack Handey

“If sex were shoes, I'd wear you out. But I wouldn't wear you out in public.”

“I want to write a book about shoes that’s full of footnotes.”

“Learning how to love is like learning how to tie your shoes, and that’s precisely why I wear slippers.

“What do women want? Shoes.”

“Sometimes comfort doesn't matter. When a shoe is freakin' fabulous, it may be worth a subsequent day of misery. Soak in Epsom salts and take comfort in the fact that you're better than everyone else.”

“What I really love about them... is the fact that they contain someone's personal history...I find myself wondering about their lives. I can never look at a garment without thinking about the woman who owned it. How old was she? Did she work? Was she married? Was she happy?  I look at these exquisite shoes, and I imagine the woman who owned them rising out of them or kissing someone...I look at a little hat like this, I lift up the veil, and I try to imagine the face beneath it... When you buy a piece of vintage clothing you're not just buying the fabric and thread - you're buying a piece of someone's past.”
Isabel Wolff, A Vintage Affair

“For women, shoes are the most important. Good shoes take you good places.”
Seo Min Hyun

“.. [I]t’s not so much about the shoes, but the person wearing them”
Adriana Trigiani, Viola in Reel Life

“Yes no yes no yes no?
Red blue?
Yes red, no blue?
No red, yes no?
In out, up down?
Do don't, can can't?
Choices sit on the shelf life
New shoes in a shoe shop.
If the in crowd are squeezing into a must-have shoe
And the one pair left are too tiny for you
Don't feel compelled into choosing them
If you're really a size 9, buy that size.
While everyone else
Hobbles round with sore feet
Your choices should feel comfortable
Or they aren't your choices at all.
Why limp when you can sprint?”
David Baird, Fiesta of Happiness: Be True to Yourself

“Besides, I'd seen a really nice pair of shoes yesterday in the mall and I wanted them for my own. I can't describe the feeling of immediate familiarity that rushed between us. The moment I clapped eyes on them I felt like I already owned them. I could only suppose that we were together in a former life. That they were my shoes when I was a serving maid in medieval Britain or when I was a princess in ancient Egypt. Or perhaps they were the princess and I was the shoes. Who's to know? Either way I knew that we were meant to be together.”


Paris is a heaven for all woman's obsessions: hot men, great chocolates, scrumptious pastries, sexy lingerie, cool clothes but, as any shoe-o-phile knows, this city is a hotbed of fabulous shoes.”
Kirsten Lobe, Paris Hangover

“I remembered her once saying that life was like your shoes. You couldn't simply expect or imagine that your shoes would fit perfectly. Shoes that pinched your feet were a fact of life.”
Henning Mankell, Italian Shoes

“Above all, believe in true love and know that men are like shoes. A couple is like a left and a right foot, and out there is your perfect fit. Sometimes you need to change styles and shop around to find it. Sometimes you have to break styles in, sometimes you feel like something that is unstylish but comfortable, and sometimes a style - as much as you like - just doesn't suit you and will never fit.”
Camilla Morton, How to Walk in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything

“Not every woman is obsessed with shoes. But every woman is more obsessed with shoes than her husband is (although that's not too difficult to accomplish, since your husband has exactly two pairs--black shoes that are ten years old and barely broken in and sneakers that are so dirty they classify as a biohazard).”
Peter Scott, There's a Spouse in My House: A Humorous Journey Through the First Years of Marriage

“Because the human history is the history of shoes. The history of places where we ever tread and stand.”
Stebby Julionatan

“I could walk a mile in your shoes, but I already know they're just as uncomfortable as mine. Let's walk next to each other instead...”
Lynda Meyers

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 182: Tuesday May 15th 2012
Designer: Sbicca
Name: Lucky
Color: Leopard
Style: Slide Wedge Sandal
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm), Platform: 1 inch (2.54 cm)
Material: Leather upper and suede lining with rhinestone accented buckle and rubber wrapped wedge

Dress: Norma Kamali for Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment