Sunday, May 13, 2012

Festival Special, Tall Ships: Fossil -Ross

Ciao a tutti!


As I have blogged before, my shoes have taken me to some amazing places, and today was no exception.  My day started out in this fabulous pair of shoes and outfit, and led me...


 Here, to the Atlantic Coast 2012 Tall Ships Challenge!



Where I got to board ships from all over the world and tour their amazing spaces above...


and below deck...

Aboard the La Belle Poule with her sister ship Etoile
from France.  I even got to practice my French!

The Alliance
The Bounty.  This beautiful vessel was used in the filming of Disney's
Pirates of the Caribbean


Then came the fun.  Professional and semi-professional pirates thrilled and entertained us with their swash-buckling feats.  Partial to sailors, you know I had to make a stop when I saw...


These handmade hemp sandals!
"Wiggle your toes!"


 Kincaid (below left) and Iron Nigel (below right) travel all over the US from Key West** bringing a little pirate cheer everywhere they go!
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho...a pirate's life for me!*


 With the annual Pirate Festival coming up in October, I'm already getting my costume ready.  Just one question: What exactly does a Pirate Wench wear?



Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte 
Day 180: Sunday May 13th 2012
Designer: Fossil
Name: Ross
Color: Brown
Style: T-Strap Thong Sandal
Heel: Flat
Material: Leather upper with beading and suede lining.

Note: I decided I would tie the leather braided straps around my ankles, just to add a little of my own style to this already beautiful shoe.  One broke, so I kept on wearing the other!

Skirt: Old Navy
Tunic: Old Navy
Bag: Rosetti
Hat: Auchan, Italia
Sunglasses: Fossil



Here are some more pix of me and my beauties during the day down by the river front.

SN







* From Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me) lyrics by Xavier Atencio and music by George Bruns
** Iron Nigel and Kincade perform with the Bone Island Buccaneers

No comments:

Post a Comment