Monday, May 2, 2011

Fioni –Sampson

Buongiorno!

 
In this edition of Tutte le mie Scarpe, my boots brought me back to the horse farm (click here to see what I first wore to the horse farm). While lessons were going on, I thought I would visit some of these gentle beasts, and two, took quite a liking to me instantly.




Majestic would be the best word describe Umbria. Observant and patient, she watched us with the other horses, and only made her presence known when she ‘knew’ the others were being fed oats. Umbria must really like Chanel No. 5[*], because by the time we were ready to leave, I think she wanted to follow us home!




And this little one, who I affectionately call Faraday (after the 19th century physicist). I’m not sure what her name is, but days after she was born, they were looking to give her a name that began with an ‘F’, and Faraday was the first name that popped into my head. Outgoing like her father, it will be another five years before she will be ready to be ridden.

 



  
Note Bene:
Just word about the boots…I figure I do need to say a little something about them, considering this is a blog about footwear!  When I started building up the collection of boots in my arsenal, I saw these online (Payless.com) and they looked as if they would match a bronze tote I had purchased weeks earlier…boy, was I wrong!  These are more of an iridescent brown than a bronze color…but I found a belt to match these boots for 2€.  The double-V cashmere-blend sweater (I wear as a dress) I bought at il mercato in Misterbianco for 6€, the O-T-K[†]socks in a three pack for 5€95 and the poncho at Forever 21.

Baci & Abbracci!

Day 44: 05-02-2011
Shoe:  Fioni –Sampson
Color: Bronze
Style: Tall Boots with Platform
Heel: 4 inches (10 cm), 1 inch (2.5 cm)
Material: Synthetic Upper






[*] Chanel No. 5 is an Auntie Mame reference…rent the movie from Warner Bros.
[†] O-T-K : Over –the-Knee

No comments:

Post a Comment