Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Timberland –Lexiss, Black

Ciao a tutti!

Love + Boots = Poetry

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height of Mount Etna's snow capped peaks
My soles can reach any elevation with your lugs
For the ends of the Earth are nary too far


I love the rugged, sexy style to which you elevate me in the most ordinary of circumstances;
The streets of Catania and the horse farm where hooves gallop in the mud
You illuminate my feet in the absence of sunlight.
I love thy comfort, as men strive for rest; I love thy warmth, as the cold sets its sights on me.
I love thy waterproof-i-ness when rain pours down and soaks me but not my feet
I shall love thee when I’m old and feet spread beyond belief, and reminisce with child-like fervor of the days when you took me from Okay to Out-of-Sight with a buckle of your heel.
I love thy lug sole and non-slip properties as I walk on slippery lava stone or ceramic tiles at the mall…I cannot to lose


With my lost dollars on poor substitutes ---
I love thy smooth full-grain leather shaft and your zipper which makes entry effortless…never breathless
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- without a doubt, you again I would choose,
I shall love thee better everyday, and until I wear you next, I remain restless.



Note Bene: Be kind to your boots!

 
Being the fourth most expensive boots I own (the top three are also Timberlands) I plan on taking care of them for a lifetime. I got the boots at a great price ($93) so I didn’t mind shelling out 8 Euro for this waxed leather protector…which I use now, not only on my Tims, but on most of my leather shoes (and some jackets)…its works beautifully on hiding scuff marks, while it softens the leather and restores lost oils. Use caution on lighter leathers because it will darken them (my tan boots have since become a richer, deeper tan color)

Before I start, I make sure I clean all surfaces to be waxed with a damp cloth.   I dry the boot and then apply wax with a shoe/boot sponge (no buffing!)



There is no drying time necessary.

The boot on the left has been waxed the one on the right has not

 
Baci a tutti! 

Stella Notte.


Day 3: 03-22-2011
Shoe: Timberland –Lexiss
Color: Black
Style: Riding Boot
Heel: 1 inch (2.5cm)
Material: Leather Upper.  Lining: Leather and Manmade. Lug sole


To see how I rated these beauties, check out Tutte Le Mie Scarpe on Tumblr!
 
Beautiful in any color, click here to see these beauties in Brown


 



No comments:

Post a Comment