Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fitzwell -Blakely, White

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I have a bitter-sweet relationship with white shoes, they are white, but that is not the color they always remain!  For as long as I can remember, I have always had a white pair of shoes.  The first pair of pumps I ever owned were white, and come to think of it, the second pair were as well, and before long they looked like they were zebra striped shoes with all the scuff marks they ended up with with the regular course of wear.  During high school, I wore a white pair of leather moccasins so much that by the end of the school year, I needed to coat them daily with white leather shoe polish in order for them to still look white.  And although I have bought white sandals over the years, I've ended up donating most of them (here) even before I had the chance to wear them...including the sandals I bought for my wedding then decided to go barefoot instead!


There is something about a white pair of shoes that I love; perhaps it is the clean appearance, which always makes it look like a new shoe regardless how many times it has been worn (provided they are clean, that is), or maybe it's because until recently, white has been traditionally reserved for the months between Easter and Labor Day, and when seen, they evoke thoughts of warmer days.  It could be that fact that not everyone wears white shoes: Brides, girls during their first communion, little girls in their Sunday dresses and pre-walking infants top the list of white shoe wearers, and even then, they are only worn once or for a short amount of time .  But one thing is true, white shoes are a deliberate shoe; one doesn't slip them on haphazardly only to realize later that they wore the wrong color shoe.  They are shoe which is selected, with forethought of the occasion they'll be worn and what exactly will be done while wearing them, and while most people think of a pair of shoes to go with an outfit, white shoes are probably the only shoes one needs an outfit to go with.


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 306: Sunday January 27th 2012
Designer: Fitzwell
Name: Blakely
Color: White
Style: Slip-On Flat
Material: Patent Leather Upper with oversized metal buckle at vamp

Crushing on these beauties as much as I am?
You can find them here, at 6pm.com!
My recommendation? Order 1/2 size larger!

 
Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Navy!






















How I Styled It?
Styling pop color jeans has become quite easy. I've come to find that if you want the color to stand out, you pair them with a neutral color, but if you want to tone them down, you pair them with more color!  I still believe in the old adage, that white goes with everything but with the caveat: provided you wear white.  This fabulous navy and white polka dot crepe blouse I found on sale at Old Navy, while the bottoms are DKNY Jeans.  The jacket is from Express (years ago), and the suede bag is from Carpisa Italia.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment