Friday, January 4, 2013

Flashback Friday! Type Z -Sabot, Camel

Ciao a tutti!

The first time I shoe-cased these beauties (here on my trip to Naples), I never really mentioned anything about the shoes; disappointed with all things Napoletano, I neglected how fabulous a pair of mules can be.

The mule, a style of shoe which dates back to the 16th century, is a french word used to describe a shoe of varying heights which is backless and closed-toed.  Once a popular indoor shoe in the 18th century, by the early 20th century, this style of shoe became associated exclusively with prostitutes.  In the 1950's, fashion icon, Marilyn Monroe re-popularized the mule, which has made a resurgence in the world of fashion in subsequent decades, but it wasn't until the 1990's when the mule (or more specifically, the mule's little sister, the open-toed slide) became a staple in woman's footwear.*

I love the versatility of the mule, the easiness of the style, the flirty ankle aspect of it (in warm weather, see pictures below) and the fact I never have to worry about cramped toes, especially in a closed-toed shoe!

How I Styled It?
I am not a fan of the color red (not by any stretch of the imagination), but the jeans were the first choice when I pulled out this Chenille sweater (a gift years ago), because of the fair isle print at the edge and sleeves.  In fact, the entire outfit I pulled from the colors in the sweater: the long sleeve grey t-shirt from Old Navy), my scarf and  bag from an Italian market, and the patterned socks (a gift).  The tan-twill cargo vest, I found on clearance at Old Navy.  The tuxedo jeans are Soho, from DKNY Jeans.

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Friday January 4th 2013
Designer: Type Z
Name: Sabot
Color: Camel
Style: Cowboy Mule
Heel: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
Material: Leather upper and lining with contrast stitching detail and leather sole

Beautiful in any color;


 



















Mule definition and facts are from Wikipedia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment