Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pelle Moda -Fantasi

Ciao a tutti!

A winter footwear dilemma:  My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, far too often, during the throngs of winter, when frigid temperatures and harsh weather conditions often dictate functional footwear over anything stylish, and the practicality of wearing those lug-sole-waterproof-insulated-hiking boots in a blizzard makes more sense although you really wanted to wear those sexy-over-the-knee-slippery-soled-stilettos because they would have looked better with your outfit, and you are left, after your sub-zero-slushy morning commute, sitting at your desk and wishing for warmer days; then a weather anomaly comes along, and as you wished it's summer (at least during the few hours of sunlight in the Northern Hemisphere) in January. 
My question to you is:
 
A)  Do you follow conventional wisdom and continue to wear boots, after all, it is January.
B)  Do you wear boots in the morning, but slip into sandals by midday.
C)  Do you throw caution to the wind and pull out the sandals only to pack them away in a week, or
D)  Are you ever mindful that it is still winter and as quickly as the weather changed it can change back, but you don't want to waste the warm weather you wished for so you strike for a happy medium.
 
I'd love to know how you spent your warm days (if you were one of the fortunate few to experience them).  You can respond on Facebook!
 
Baci a tutti!


Stella Notte

Day 302: Thursday January 17th 2012
Designer: Pelle Moda
Name: Fantasi
Color: Black
Style: Platform Demi-Wedge Peep-Toe Pump
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
Platform: 0.5 inches (1.27 cm)
Material: Corduroy velvet upper with leather bow detail on vamp and rivet detail
 
How I Styled It?
Styling these beauties were easy!  When I ordered these shoes, I had already thrifted this pleated corduroy skirt, and knew I had wanted to wear them together.  But after I received the shoes, they didn't fit as I had imagined and it would have cost an arm and a leg to return them, so I just kept them hidden in the deepest recesses of my Shoe Arsenal...that is until today.  I pulled them out and tried them on and not only did they fit, they felt incredible!  So, I pulled out my matching mini, and decided not only to add a visually softer top to the heavy corduroy but a brighter one in contrast to black.  As one of my favorite blouses (from Forever 21 some years ago), I love how the sheer fabric, pleated-neck, ruffle-keyhole, peplum and jeweled button placket add femininity to items I pair with it.  The bolero cardigan is Derek Heart (from a few years ago).  I removed the bow pin from the sweater and added it to the blouse because of the bow detail on the shoes.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment