Friday, January 25, 2013

Flashback Friday: Timberland 14" Premium

Ciao a tutti!

As promised, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics, snow!  Okay, so it's not exactly snow...it's ice from the skating rink that the Zamboni cleared off; and although these Timberland beauties didn't get to play in the snow, they did take to an event to which I have never been before...an ice hockey game!

I can hear the collective gasp of my Canadian readers, but it is true, even though my high school had a hockey team, well two actually, even though many of my friends played for the school and in the Metro Toronto league, even though my high school's Senior (Varsity, for my American readers) team made it to the provincial finals and won, this was my first time going, and I loved it!

The first game of the double header in the annual Thrasher Cup between The University of Florida (Gators) and Florida State University (yes, they do play hockey in the tropical location of Florida), I rooted for the FSU Seminoles, only because there was a Canadian on the team.  Unfortunately they lost to the Gators 6-2.

The second game was more evenly matched, and the defending two-time Thrasher Cup champions, the Georgia Tech (GT) Yellow Jackets, iced the University of  Georgia (UGA) Ice-Bulldogs, 3-1.  It was a difficult decision deciding which team to cheer for considering GT had 2 Canadians and UGA had a woman player (number 5, with the ponytail).  So I did as any true Canadian would do, I voted for my fellow countrymen!
 
Something else I've never seen at high school or the small liberal arts college I attended, was a band that came to cheer on their competing team.  Check out the Georgia Tech band's rendition of War's Low Rider
 
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing some difficulties with You Tube this morning, but I'll try again later to bring you the video!
 
 
Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Designer: Me, with some help of Timberland.com
Name: 14" Premium (Custom Made)
Style: Tall Lace-Up Boot
Heel: 1.5 inches (3.81 cm)
Platform: 0.5 inches (1.27 cm)
Shaft: 14 inches (35.56 cm)
Material: Full-grain waterproof nubuck leather upper with rust proof hardware, embossed logo and lug sole.  The attached tag is part of the monogrammed custom made option







How I Styled It?

When I purchased these boots, I had the unique opportunity to design them myself!  In the Design Your Own Boot  section of the Timberland.com website, you can customize your very own Timberland boots in an array of sizes and colors, down to the height of the boot and font of the monogram.  When I created mine, I was heavily into my Feminine & Pink phase, and not being able to find pink boots anywhere, I chose this delicate color to pair with this rugged style.  I chose the grey complement, because I have always loved how these two colors worked so well together.  Hard to tell, but the pink puffer jacket (which I found at a market in Italy), is much lighter than the setting sun would lead one to believe, (as shown when I first previewed these beauties here).  The hooded sweater dress is from Old Navy (several seasons ago), while the leggings and pink t-shirt with lace trim are form Forever 21.  The bag is Bongo and the scarf is from the market.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment