Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fitzwell -Blakely, Navy

Ciao a tutti!

As you know, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I love heels!  I would wear them every day and every night if given the chance, but as I quickly approach a milestone birthday (this seems to be the year for milestones), I think back on some beauty advice I received some years ago from my friend Lisa.  She came to visit me for a weekend, and as/was  is customary for us, we went shopping.  We shopped for everything, shoes, clothes, accessories and surprisingly enough, beauty supplies.  Lisa bought day serums, night lotions, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, you name it had she had bought it and/or had tried it; I asked her why on Earth would she buy all that stuff, considering she had flawless skin, to which she replied, "Why do you think I have such flawless skin?"



Which got me thinking about my own beauty needs and everything else on my body that needed preventative maintenance before signs of age or wear-and-tear started to develop, which led me to my feet; I walked along beaches, strode over cobblestone walkways, marched on concrete, climbed mountains (well, only one), run through fields, stayed up all night dancing, forged snow drifts, jumped in puddles, and all in shoes which have not been kind to my feet.  So in this year of milestones, as I look back on what has transpired and then look forward to things yet to come, I'm going to (at least try to) be better to my feet...and infuse some flats into my Shoe Arsenal, because I haven't necessarily been good to them in the past, but I want to be able to use them in years to come.

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 299:  Tuesday January 8th 2013
Designer: Fitzwell
Name: Blakely
Color: Navy
Style: Slip-On Flat
Material: Leather Upper with oversized metal buckle at vamp

Crushing on these beauties as much as I am?
You can find them here, at 6pm.com!
My recommendation? Order 1/2 size larger!


 
Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in White!
 










How I Styled It?
The style inspiration today comes form Tommy Hilfiger again, but this time, I decided to do my own mixing-n-matching within two separate styles I had seen; the first was a blue shirt with white polka dots worn under a yellow cardigan.  I didn't have the cardigan, but I did have a yellow v-neck sweater.  In another image, the same polka dot shirt was paired with orange jeans.  I combined the two looks, and voila, it worked!  The denim jacket I bought from Chadwick's of Boston (years ago), I added to tone down the yellow of the sweater.  SN  


No comments:

Post a Comment