Friday, January 18, 2013

Flashback Friday! Gabriella Rocha -Karissa, Black

Ciao amici!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics...it's cold outside!  And as quickly as winter went away (okay, for some of us it was 7 days ago), it has returned, and so I say again, boot season is back!  Back to freeze warnings, back to wind chill factors and back to tall, smooth leather footwear that keeps us warm and stylish during those times we'd rather stay bundled up inside, but are forced to forge the elements.
Back to the boot basics this morning, and every Shoe Arsenal needs a basic black boot; whether heeled or flat, tall or short (or in the case of mine today, mid-calf), a basic black boot is my go to winter staple.  There is no over thinking it, and it's extremely hard to find something a pair of black boots don't go with; and once the footwear is figured out, everything else seems to fall in place...well for me at least!

Baci a tutti!


Stella Notte

Friday January 18th 2013
Designer: Gabriella Rocha
Name: Karissa
Color: Black
Style: Mid-Calf Wedge Boot
Heel: 3 3/4 inches (9.525 cm), Shaft: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with stitch detailing near collar

 
How I Styled It?
There must be something with these boots and ma fille intérieure françaises (my inner French girl), because the three times I have been photographed in these boots (here), I am wearing a beret! Believe me, it was not planned.  The inspiration for today's styling was warmth!  Being chilly isn't cute, and neither is looking like the Michelin Man; just because it is cold outside, bulky dressing isn't your only option.  The trick to winter dressing is layering; as children growing up in Canada, we'd play in the snow for hours (not all of us had snow suits), and how we did this and not manage to freeze, was layers of clothing.  Tights, although stylish, were functional under jeans, that were often under another pair of pants. Undershirts were covered by t-shirts, turtlenecks, cardigans and finally sweatshirts.  So I utilized this layering concept with a tank top, long sleeved t-shirt and a cardigan, all under my wool coat from Old Navy (last season).  Wearing seamless tights under my skinny jeans  ensures there are no extra lines under the fabric and I am warm when the wind blows.  Black and white are an on trend neutral color combination providing the perfect background palette for any pop of color!  SN

 


No comments:

Post a Comment