Thursday, January 31, 2013

Worthington -Honor, Black

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I am feeling Hot in the City today!  For the second time in as many weeks, the unseasonably warm weather has me putting my boots on temporary hiatus and rummaging through the back of my Shoe Arsenal for lighter, cooler footwear.  A couple of weeks ago, I asked on my Facebook Page if you have a break from the winter's cold and snow, what is your go to footwear?  Many responses were of remaining in boots or shoes, but some mentioned that sandals were an option if the weather was warm enough.

 
Erring of the side of conservatism, you will remember that I opted for a peep-toe wedge, but today in this 80 (26 Celsius) degree heat, although it way be 'winter' here, that is summer in Toronto, and I put on sandals.  Okay, so I didn't break out my 'summer'  summer sandals, I opted for these strappy gladiators which did manage cover most of my feet, yet keep them cool enough during the day.  The only thing I need now, is a pedicure; although the weather is sandals ready, my poor tootsies are not!


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 308: Thursday January 31st 2013
Designer: Worthington
Name: Honor
Color: Black
Style: Gladiator Sandal
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
Material: Interwoven Leather upper with stud details
Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Brown!

 
 How I Styled It?
I love dresses!  I would wear them everyday if I lived in a tropical locale; they are very forgiving like skirts, but unlike skirts (and other separates), there are no co-ordinating pieces and the styling is already done for you.  I'm going to let you in on a little styling secret of mine: make a polyester and spandex blend dark print dress your new warm weather best friend.  Here's why: the summer can be brutal, and if you are headed out on a warm or hot day, you always want to look your best.  After living in Sicily and experiencing their dry desert heat (and no summer breeze), I would shower and dress in the morning, only to have my clothing drenched in sweat by 10am. And it wasn't cute especially when meeting with Local Nationals and trying to give a good first impression.   The beauty of a mixed fabric print dress (like the one I'm wearing from Ross Dress for Less, I found for $4.99 on clearance) is that you can sweat, and if doesn't show! The print, unlike a solid, hides this little embarrassment, and the fluidity of the material, unlike cotton or a cotton blend, will mask any wetness; so when the mercury rises, I still manage to look cool and fresh which is always chic.  SN 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment