Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bronx So Today–Cooper, Corda

Ciao, a tutti!

After lucking out with a trio of sandals from Kork-Ease, I came across these Brazilian made beauties online and fell in love. I loved the style, texture and sturdiness of the shoe…when I opened the box, the color left much to be desired…but I ventured out in them today for the first time…a trip to the mall, dropped off lunch for hubby, a quick hello to my friend Brig (Breege, short for Brigida), and home to nap (I cleaned the house, well most of it, this morning), before Sonia & Sean’s BBQ tonight.


Upon closer examination (perhaps it was the daylight), the color appeared closer to a nude than the barf-y pink color I pulled out of the box.




Great pair of shoes for the price, and I must say that after having worn them, the color has grown on me…my only concern is the length of time I could wear these. Before I left the mall, I could feel the ‘squeeze’ of the vamp straps. I had to adjust and readjust several times, and finally relaxing the sling back in the car as I drove home. I could feel a ‘pinch’ on the toe next to the little one on both feet, and knew if I wore them the entire day, the kernels of budding corns would appear by night and become popcorn by morning. That having been said, I shall use the shoe stretcher before the next time.



 

Note Bene:  Sizing up the Competition
A 40 EU is NOT the same as a 10 US…it is closer to a 9 or 9.5 US.  When purchasing European sizes, check several size chart conversions, and remember, just like buying American shoes, all designers to not use the same template when cutting their shoes! 

Baci a tutti! 

Stella Notte.

Day 1: 3-20-2011
Shoe: Bronx So Today–Cooper
Color: Corda
Style: Sling back with buckle
Heel: 5 inches (12.5cm), Platform: 1 ¼ inches (3cm)
Material: Leather Upper and Leather Sole


Beautiful in any fabric;
these are the only duet of shoes I own in both the leather (above) or in the suede (below)


No comments:

Post a Comment