Friday, April 22, 2011

Cruise Diary Special Edition: Miss Me –Rhoda, Grey

Bonjour, mes amis!

A day…in Marseilles (mar-say)…what more can I say??? It’s not Paris!!!


As a little girl, I had always dreamt of going to Paris, and when I finally had the opportunity to go, I encountered more English speaking people than French!Overcrowded and dirty, my romantic ideals were soon dismissed, and I vowed if I returned to France, it would not be Paris…here enters Marseilles.

The second largest city in France, Marseilles (our third Port-of-Call), is a port city rich in history and culture. We had forgone a tour and opted to see the city on our own. Utilizing the inexpensive tour train of the city…
Bisoux! Baci! Kisses!

we traveled along coastal inlets and landscapes...





to our first stop, the church Notre-Dame de la Garde, perched high above the port.
Notre-Dame de la Garde













After our tour, we were in need of refreshment, and couldn’t help ourselves when we saw the name of this street side café.



A cappuccino, pain au chocolat, quiche Lorraine and a baguette (hot and fresh from a local boulangerie –bakery) later, we found a carousel and took a quick spin, before heading back to the port and the open market.


Check out some of the other sites we encountered…
Outdoor urinal???

Speak Louder!
Huh?!

I almost forgot...my boots in profile
Au Revoir!

Stella Notte


Day 34: 04-20-2011
Shoe: Miss Me –Rhoda
Color: Grey
Style: Over-the-Knee Boot
Heel: 3 inches (7.5 cm)
Material: Sueded Upper


Beautiful in any color: click here to see these beauties in the Leopard,




No comments:

Post a Comment