Friday, October 12, 2012

Misbehave -Belove, Brown

Ciao a tutti!

So, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I am feeling pretty good this morning!  Why, you ask?  Because after a year, I can finally fit into my jeans!  But no celebrating yet, I can't quite sit down in them (at least not comfortably), but I can walk...and shop in them, and on a Friday morning, that feels pretty damn good!

I know that it may not look like it, but I too, struggle with my weight.  And after a conversation last night with a friend of my for nearly 30 years, I am finding that even in the space of a couple of years (or in my case 3), losing the extra pounds has proven quite difficult.  I gained 25lbs (11.36 kg) in the first 6 months upon my return to the US; with access to fast food (in Sicily, their local fast food is handmade with fresh ingredients, and fast food joints are few, far between and generally expensive), it was so easy!



And this is one of the reasons, I love shoes so much...although I may gain weight (or lose it), my shoe size doesn't change!  Whether it was when I graduated from college, at a size 16 (stress and easy access to my then favorite -egg foo young with gravy, during my senior year) or when I had my 'Italian' body 3 years ago and sat quite comfortably at a size 0, my shoe size never changed!


At either end of the weight spectrum, I could slip on a pair of heels, and I always felt incredible in them; sexy and strong, regardless of extraneous factors, shoes have always been my security blanket...and I can't imagine a better source of comfort!




Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 263:  Friday October 12th 2012
Designer: Misbehave
Name: Beloved
Color: Brown
Style: Back Zip Ankle Cuff Peep-Toe Pump
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm), Platform: 0.5 inches (1.27 cm)
Material: Man made Upper with interwoven straps and three-buckle detail at cuff. Interwoven straps on vamp


 

No comments:

Post a Comment