Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nine West -Gainey

Bonjour, mes amis!

Tucked away in the deepest recesses of my Shoe Arsenal, these beauties, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I bought and had been saving for a special occasion -a trip to Paris. Affectionately dubbed my 'Paris' shoes, I came across these lovely slides a couple of months before I was scheduled to move to Italy; I took it as a sign -at long last, my trip to Pairs was an inevitability, and it was.


Growing up in a bilingual country, I was exposed to French at an early age. The vast majority of French teachers I had in elementary and middle schools were native French speakers, and how they spoke about Paris, I romanced my journey there a multitude of times.  And in the autumn of 2008, I journeyed to the City of Light...just not in these shoes!

 
Figuring that Paris would be deserted in the colder months, we spent Thanksgiving weekend (four days towards the latter part of November) there. Boy, was I wrong! Paris was inundated with tourists; from lines to get into La Louvre to crowding into the elevator to ascend Le Tour Eiffel, people were everywhere, and English was all we heard!
 


So needless to say, I didn't get to wear my black leotard with a red neckerchief tied accordingly, and sit, legs crossed just so, all at the base of the tower with my easel; paint brush in one hand and diamond encrusted cigarette holder in the other with a bottle of chardonnay atop a wrought iron table and a full glass of wine as I gaze upon my re-creation of the Arc di Triomphe while my pet poodle, Fifi, barks, thus complimenting my work...(yes, it's quite imaginative, but it was a 30 year fantasy!), however, I did get to wear my beret...and practice my French...and wander the streets of one of the most breathtaking cities in the world...sometimes the simplest fantasies are the best ones!

I enlarged the photo to see the details on the wedge, and why I instantly fell in love with these shoes.
Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 265:  Tuesday October 16th 2012
Designer: Nine West
Name: Gainey
Color: Light Purple Snake (Lilyrose)
Style: Wedge Slide Sandal
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
Material: Snake-skin embossed leather upper with crossed straps and rhinestone hardware at vamp; fabric wrapped wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment