Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: STEVEN by Steve Madden -Gwenn, Cognac

Buongiorno a tutti!

Another day, another great pair of boots, but I must admit it's kind of hard to 'get into' boot season when the mercury is topping off at 76 degrees (that's 24 degrees Celsius to all my Canadian readers)...but I'll try!

Trekking through the wilderness that is my backyard, I venture into the lush vegetation which seems to encircle me...entangle me...engulf me.  I cannot find my way out, and I am lost!  Instantly, I am transformed into survival mode; with clothing and shelter assured, I find myself in need of nourishment ...refreshment, 'But where can I find both within my immediate vicinity?' I inquire of myself.  Then it appears, like the first rays of daylight piercing the blackened sky after the apocalypse; a behemoth of a perennial...a fruit tree...salvation! Staunch in bearing yet temperate in temperament, beckoning to me;  it is citrus, and I am instantly tantalized! I quicken my resolve.  Weak from my day's journey, a bough is extended towards me with this manna from heaven...INSERT SOUND OF SCREECHING TIRES HERE (this would have been really cool had I had the ability to add an audio link to my blog!)  With all the delectable citrus fruits there are in the world: oranges, blood oranges, tangerines, tangelos, mandarins, naval oranges, lemons, limes, ugli fruit (this is for my Jamaican friends out there), who on Earth plants a grapefruit tree????
But I forge on...in style...with Steven!

BTW: If anyone out there in the blog-o-sphere happens to have a great recipe for grapefruit, please share!

Baci!

Stella Notte

Day 92: Sunday February 5th 2012
Designer: STEVEN collection by Steve Madden
Name: Gwenn
Color: Cognac
Style: Clog Boot
Heel: 4.5 inches (11.3 cm), Platform: 1 inch (2.54 cm), Shaft: 21 inches (61 cm)
Material: Suede Upper with contrast stitching along midsole and cuffed shaft with lacing detail
 
Beautiful in any color;
 

Note Bene: When buying SM, I like to go up a size, especially when the shoe/boot style is a closed-toe and heel.  But I can often go down a half size (when need be) with an open toe or sling back style sandal.  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment