Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: Newport News Boots -Bark

Buongiorno a tutti!

In solitary moments, which are few and far between, I take the opportunity to reflect and think; and as I sit here in solace, I find myself pondering some of the great mysteries of the world: Is there other intelligent life out there?  How can you tell true consciousness from something designed to simulate it?  How many alternate universes exist where there is an 'evil' Dr. Spock?  Perplexing to say the least, but the most troubling question of all...the one mystery which confounds and leaves this self professed shoe-a-holic perpetually flummoxed is this: Leather or Manmade materials?

When I began in earnest to build up my arsenal, I bought to 'make a statement'; boots (and shoes) that had interesting details or in hard to find colors and styles, and price usually dictated from where I bought (Newport News once let you combine three coupons!).  But a little older...a little more fashion savvy, I have come to realize that you ultimately get what you pay for; you really didn't think those jelly sandals you paid $5.99 for in the 6th grade where going to last you the entire summer did you?

As time goes on, I find myself having to say good-bye to my one time loves, and these stylish beauties are no exception.  I put them on and wore them out when I realized they were ripped in a few places on both boots along the seams.  Beautiful to the last, but too beautiful to last, I bid them Adieu!

Let me know what you think...Leather vs. Manmade...Which do you prefer to buy?  Cast your vote! (Look Right :)


Baci!


Stella Notte

Day 96: Thursday February 9th 2012
Designer: Newport News
Name: None listed
Color: Bark
Style: Tall Boot
Heel: 3.5 inches (9.0 cm), Platform: 3/8 inches (0.95 cm), Shaft: 19 inches (48.26 cm)
Material: Manmade Upper with buckle detail


Find yourself pondering the mysteries of the universe? Check out these Top Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment