Thursday, November 8, 2012

MIA -Eelia

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I am treading lightly into this cold weather as I ease into boot season this year, partly because I still have so many sandals/open-toe shoes left to wear and mainly because It is forecasted to be in the mid-to-upper 70's (23-25 Celsius) this weekend (yes, I have been spoiled by this weather)!


So for my inauguration into one of my two favorite seasons of the year (the other is bikini season), I opted for this cowboy beauties!  I have the boots, and I have the cape...all I need now is the horse!


Did you get in on this deal? I snagged these beauties for $45 on 6pm.com a few weeks ago! Follow me on Facebook or Twitter for my latest buys and bargains!

Want to know more about these boots? Check out my Tumblr page for a Shoe Review!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 276: Thursday November 8th 2012
Designer: MIA
Name: Eelia
Color: Coffee
Style: Pull-on Cowboy Boot
Heel: 2.5 inches (6.35 cm)
Platform 0.25 inches (0.64 cm)
Shaft: 17.5 inches (44.45 cm)
Material: Luxe slouchy leather upper with stud, strap and buckle detail throughout



Crushing on these boots as much as I am?  
You can find them here: 6pm.com, DSW.com, Macys.com


How I Styled It:
These boots needed the right outfit to go with, so I paired them with this Fur Military Cape from the GAP.  I was hesitant about buying the cape because of the color (slope brown), but every time I photograph myself in it, it looks more like an olive green! Just an aside, the fur collar is removable.  I decided to do something I do not ordinarily do, pair two neutrals (in this case the brown and grey), but I did so, because of the fleece lining inside the cape; although cooler outside, I wasn't sure if I was going to wear the jacket open or closed, and I like the way the stripped lining (which is also removable) co-ordinated with the different shades of grey I wore!  Keeping with the canvas, I matched the outfit with a grey canvas purse (not shown)...I like the idea of matching the textures of the fabric (the canvas cape and bag)!  The leggings are from Forever 21 and the tunic sweater is from an Italian market.  Two more things: the cape has fabulous ruching detail in the back and can be worn two ways: with arms through the buttoned vents in front (pictured left) or traditionally, down the sleeve (see the first picture at the top of the blog post)!  SN


No comments:

Post a Comment