Friday, November 30, 2012

Flashback Friday! Naughty Monkey -Need To, Tan

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, we had such a great time the morning of our first Small Business Saturday (click here to revisit my escapade) that we decided to venture back downtown in the evening.

Our first stop was to grab something to eat, and when we saw the sign for Dino's Pizzeria (real Italian), we couldn't resist.  So there is a difference between real Italian and authentic Italian, but the crust was very thin (which we liked) and for $2.99 got two slices of pizza and a drink!
 
 
Next, we set out to satiate our insatiable sweet-tooths, which led us again to Savannah's Candy Kitchen (different location), where we feasted on Chocolate Pecan Gophers (think pecans covered in caramel and topped with a swirl of chocolate), while we watched the confectioners make/pull saltwater taffy.
 
We were even showered by the sweet and sticky treat (quite literally, there were signs warning us to 'Watch out for falling taffy', which coincidentally was my first and last time trying it!
 
The river front in Savannah offers many sites during the holiday season, and to kick off this year's celebration, we witnessed the annual Boat Parade of Lights; each one decorated with holiday lights, slowly drifting along the serene night time river.
 
 My last stop was to see the big guy himself...you know I can't resist a man in a red suit!
 
 
 
Baci a tutti!

Designer: Naughty Monkey
Name: Need To
(the suede version of this shoe is sold under the name Want To)
Color: Tan
Style: Platform Ankle Bootie
Heel: 4.75 inches (12.07 cm)
Platform: 1 inch (2.54 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with strap and buckle accents





 
 
How I Styled It?
While perusing websites during my Black Friday shopping, I came across a fabulous color combination on Banana Republic which I saw repeated on various web pages: grey tights and tan booties!  Two colors which I would not ordinarily pair, but they worked beautifully together.  The dress I got the dress during a winter clearance sale from Belk, the short sleeve turtleneck is from Say What?  The scarf, leather jacket and bag, I all got from markets in Sicily.  SN























No comments:

Post a Comment