Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Show Stopper Alert! Betsey Johnson -Lucyyy P

Attention, Shoe-A-Holics!
We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog for this Shoe-Stopper of a post!

Confession time:  I've always wanted to own a pair of Betsey Johnson's shoes.  When I saw these beauties on sale (along with these Alexsaa in gold)  by famed shoe designer Betsey Johnson,  I bought them solely based on branding.  A completely indulgent purchase, appealing purely to my sense of vanity, I never realized just how gorgeous these shoes were until I first tired them on.

 
On previous posts, I mentioned how incredible a pair of shoes can make you feel; the sumptuous look and feel of these shoes awoken an emotion within me I haven't felt in a long time (not since I last donned these beauties here, by Michael Kors) -luxurious...and what an incredible way for a pair of shoes to make you feel! 
 
Baci a tutti!
 
Stella Notte 
 
Day 293: Sunday December 23rd 2012
Designer: Betsey Johnson
Name: Lucyyy-P
Color: Brown Multi
Style: Open-Toe Platform Wedge Pump
Heel: 5.5 inches (13.97 cm)
Platform: 1.88 inches (4.78 cm)
Material: Leather and calf hair upper
 
 
Crushing on these beauties as much as I am?  You can find them here, at Amazon.com!
 
 
How I Styled It? 
Styling these Betsey beauties was too much fun!  I interpreted the random color pattern as almost leopard print-like, and wore it as I would any neutral color shoe: I wanted to match the boldness in the shoe's silhouette with equally striking colors.  Armed with this purple long sleeved v-neck t-shirt from Old Navy, I headed back to Academichic's fabric color wheel to see what I could wear with this rich jewel toned hue.  You will remember from my last post on Complementary Colors, I did an intermediate color swap instead of pairing colors directly opposite each other on the color wheel; today I decided to follow another variation of color complements and instead of pairing the purple with it's yellow complement, I opted for matching the purple blouse with this (deeper yellow hue) mustard skirt from Ross' Dress for Less, and wow, what an explosion of color!  I toned down the brightness with the neutral tan leather jacket from Newport News (several years ago), and grabbed my color blocked clutch from the GAP to add another element of color to the ensemble (remember, purple and red are neighbors on the color wheel and as a result pair well together. Also, red and yellow are part of the same color triad (pick two!) and can be worn simultaneously)!  SN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment