Friday, September 14, 2012

Converse -All Star, Black

Ciao a tutti!

I received the greatest compliment yesterday.  A fellow Shoe-A-Holics asked me how old I was, because I looked like a 20 year old!  Oh, my goodness, gracious!  I haven't seen twenty in (insert cough, cough, hem, hem) quite some years now, but of course, that compliment went straight to my head! 

So today's blog is dedicated to my college co-ed readers and those of us who have seen 20 come and go and, when they think back on their misspent youth (a realization which only comes with age), they think of how they could have done their 20's so much better!


Looking back to my college years, a college friend of mind described me a "Goody-Two-Shoes" . Writing those descriptive words, I can laugh at the duality of them; first being a goody-goody: I was a Resident Assistant (RA) for three years, I worked a part time job in the infirmary, I majored in Biology and minored in Chemistry, graduated Alpha Chi, Summa Cum Laude and with All University Honors.  Secondly, I write a blog about my shoes!

But with age, one has a unique perspective on life's past experiences, and if I had the opportunity to do college again, or even re-do my 20's, I would definitely do it differently!  I would have done more: learned a foreign language and studied abroad for a year -college opens one's mind to a variety of people and cultures and loving Europe as I do, I would have ended up moving there upon graduation.

  I would have exercised more (I was nearly 200lbs when I graduated!) -establishing a healthy lifestyle is skill few learn or even learn to manage.  You are more energetic, you body looks better and feels better!  I would have taken time to enjoy the moment -it is only when reviewing one's life that one realizes that there were so many little things to appreciate...the everyday-ness that I learned to love only after living in Italy.

I would have kept a journal -to record my thoughts, emotions, experiences and all the other agnst that comes with being away from home for the first time -so when I read those notes on a future date, I could see how much I had grown, and realized that what I thought was life altering then, was not that imporatant in the bigger scheme of life.

And finally, I would have loved me more, appreciated me more, flirted more, learned how to accept a compliment, learned how to give a compliment; I would have come down off my high horse, dusted that chip off of my shoulder, been kinder to those I didn't particularily care for, and not have vested so much time and energy in those who didn't particularily care for me.  I would have smiled more, walked barefoot in the grass, played frisbee golf, watched a basketball game (instead of just profiling at one); I would have made more friends and less acquaintances, slept in on the weekends and dressed down for class, instead of dressing up for appearences.  I would have taken myself less seriously and had more fun.  But what I didn't learn then I now know, and although I couldn't be all those things then, I can be those things now, and I had to be the 20 year old I was then, in order to feel the 20 year old I am now!


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte
Day249: Friday September 14th 2012
Designer: Converse
Name: All Star
Color Black
Material: All canvas with contrast stitching, black lacers and stitched logo on heel.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment